5, Hamilton Place, London
Lionel de Rothschild (1808-1879) acquired the lease of 5 Hamilton Place situated behind his house at 148 Piccadilly bordering Hyde Park. He bequeathed it to his youngest son, Leopold (1845-1917). After the property passed out of the Rothschild family it became a private club. Further information about 5, Hamilton Place »
For inventories and schedules concerning furniture, artworks, porcelain, books and other effects at 5 Hamilton Place, see 000/400, Leopold de Rothschild (1845-1917) and Marie, Mrs Leopold de Rothschild (1862-1937): Executors' papers.
Estates: 5, Hamilton Place, census returns, 1881; 1891; 1901
000/1236, 1 file
Copies of original register and typed transcripts of Census returns: 5, Hamilton Place, 1881, 1891, 1901.
Estates: 5, Hamilton Place, photographs, c.1905
000/1961, 1 volume
Photograph album in a leather case of 5 Hamilton Place, containing 13 large photographs, in gilt-edged mounts, of the exterior and the principal rooms. Taken by "Latham Photo. Balham". The inscription 'LMR' on the cover of the album is likely to have been for Leopold (1846-1917) and Marie (1862-1937) de Rothschild.
Estates: 5, Hamilton Place, secondary sources, c.1900
000/2177, 1 item
Page from an unknown publication, c.1900, with a reproduction of the Bedford Lemere photograph of the exterior of No.5 Hamilton Place, London residence of Mr Leopold de Rothschild.
Estates: 5, Hamilton Place, secondary sources, c.1995
000/394, 1 file
Press information pack 'History of No.5 Hamilton Place (Les Ambassadeurs Club)'.