Ospedale Israelitico Carlo Adolfo de Rothschild, Naples
You are here: / Rothschild family papers / Papers of institutions / Ospedale Israelitico Carlo Adolfo de Rothschild, Naples
The fourth Rothschild brother, Carl (1788-1855), established the fifth Rothschild House in Naples in 1821 when he travelled to the city to negotiate a loan to the Government of Ferdinand II. Carl took up residence in Italy with his wife Adelheid and their five children. For the rest of his life he divided his time between his native Frankfurt and Naples. The family supported a number of institutions in both cities, including the Jewish Hospital in Naples, named after Carl's son Adolphe Carl (1823-1900).
Ospedale Israelitico Carlo Adolfo de Rothschild, Naples, photographs, c.1902
000/1606, 1 volume
Album containing black and white photographs of the Ospedale Carlo Adolfo de Rothschild in Naples. There are two images of the exterior of the hospital and one of the interior, featuring a memorial plaque dated 1902. The album bears the stamp of the Universita' Israelitica di Napoli.
Ospedale Israelitico Carlo Adolfo de Rothschild, hospital regulations, 1905
000/1370/1, 1 item
Ospedale Israelitico Adolfo Carlo de Rothschild, Regolamento Interno, [Regulations of the Adolph Carl de Rothschild Jewish Hospital, Naples], (Naples, 1905) [photocopy].