Alexandre de Rothschild (b.1980)
You are here: / The London banking house / Chairman's Office / Alexandre de Rothschild (b.1980)
Alexandre Guy Francesco de Rothschild is the son of Baron David de Rothschild (b.1942) and Baronne Olimpia Anna Liliane de Rothschild (née Aldobrandini) (b.1955).
Alexandre graduated from the Ecole Superieure du Commerce Exterieur, and worked in in Private Equity and M&A with Argan Capital, a mid-cap private equity house, Bear Stearns Investment Banking in New York and Bank of America in London. In 2008, he joined Rothschild, to focus primarily on the establishment and business development of the Merchant Banking platform within the Group, and he subsequently ran Paris Orléans Proprietary Investments, and headed the Japan office.
Since 2011 he has been a member of the Group Executive Committee. He was appointed a General Partner of Rothschild & Cie Banque and Rothschild & Cie in Paris in 2013. On 17 April 2018, Rothschild & Co announced the appointment of Alexandre de Rothschild as Executive Chairman of Rothschild & Co, succeeding his father.
Chairman's Office: Alexandre de Rothschild: press cuttings , 2018
000/2479, 1 file, 1 digital file
Published sources announcing the succession of Alexandre de Rothschild as Executive Chairman of Rothschild & Co., 17 April 2018:
- Press release published by the firm: Succession announcement;
- Le Figaro, 17 April 2018 with article announcing succession
- Le Monde, 17 April 2018 with article announcing succession
- The Financial Times, 18 April 2018 with article announcing succession
- Sundry digital items, including press announcements, press articles.
Rothschild & Co; Concordia, press release and sundry press cuttings, 2023
000/2947, 1 folder
On Monday 13 February, Concordia, the Rothschild family's holding company announced it was planning to take its financial business, Rothschild & Co. private. and was in talks with banks and current and prospective equity investors to finance an offer for the Paris-listed group. It is aniticipated that after the planned de-listing, Concordia will own nearly 55% of the business's capital, while long-term investors and the business partners will have 35% and 10% shares, respectively.
- Rothschild & Co. press release, Paris 13 February 2023, 'Rothschild & Co announces that it has received confirmation of Concordia’s intention to file a simplified tender offer for its shares' and 'Full year results 2022';
- file of press cuttings from February 2023 in English from UK and international publications;
- file of press cuttings from February 2023 in French from French and international publications;
- copies of articles from The Financial Times, February 2023.